Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Let's Play Catch Up!

A quick recap of all that's happened since November...


It's hasn't even been 3 months, you think it would be uneventful or something. Nope, not my life. I should rename by blog and call it "My Crazy, Insane, Hectic, Beautiful, Not Normal at All Life"...but i think that would be too long of a title. We'll stick with Amber Hart :) 

On to the events...
  • Thanksgiving - I spent it with one of my close friends, Brittney. We went to morning mass and delivered a meal to an elderly woman (she nearly talked our ear off for 2 hours.) Brit's mom cooked a full meal, which immediately required a nap after consuming. 
After we consumed large amounts of food
  • Black Friday- technically Thursday night, stores are opening up earlier every year...don't get me started on this. Brit and I headed out to bear the crowds in search of killer deals. I think she mainly went shopping for herself, which is a pretty novel idea. I, however, got 90% of my Christmas shopping done and saved a boatload of money. Yay deals!

    Working off the turkey

  • Disneyland- with my nanny family. It was a work/play weekend. Emphasis on the work. (There will probably be a blog about this at some point.)

    Kay gazing off in the happiest place on earth

  • Baptized & Confirmed- in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Wait...what!? Yes. There will be more on this later! But for now I'll just say it was a long time coming, 4 years, and one of the most joyful days of my life.

    Just some of the missionaries

  • Family Pictures- I chose to do family pictures for my Christmas present because I realized we haven't had a family picture since I was about 5 years old. Not cool. We hired a local photographer and she did a great job. Thanks Sheryl!

    *forced smiles*

  • Christmas- This year my whole family celebrated together. It was chaotic to say the least. But I did enjoy spending time with my loved ones! (Apparently I forgot to take pictures on my favorite day of the year; so here is my mom and me with a snowman.)

    Go home snowman, you're drunk

  • Talked in Sacrament- 2 weeks after being baptized. I loved sharing my story and hope to continue to. If you would like to listen to it, e-mail me here.

    "There are many truths in this world but I choose this truth."

  • NYE- I welcomed 2014 in at a church function and (surprisingly) had lots of fun.

    It was a hodgepodge of people

To wrap it up, my life feels like a continuous stream of crazy. I never know whats going to happen next and to be frank, I like it that way. Here's to 2014 and all of it's unplanned glory! One of my New Year's Resolutions is to post weekly; so expect the unexpected!

Hold on, it could be a wild ride!

Hugs & kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment