Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kids, Food and Fall

Long time, no post

The last time I blogged it was over 100 degrees outside and popsicles and swimsuits were in season. Now, the seasons have changed and I type this as rain falls outside my window. So much has changed other than the weather. I have a new job, quit my old one, begun online classes, taken spontaneous a trip to California, completed (and won!) a dietbet.com challenge- to say the least it seems like something is always keeping me busy. But I like it that way. 

And if you look outside fall is here...

Happy Fall yall 

Sweater weather, baby

My new job is challenging yet rewarding. I am a nanny. Not a babysitter, a nanny. People like to think those two terms are interchangeable. They're not. I'm with the kids Monday through Friday; breakfast, nap time, lunch and on the rare occasion sometimes dinner. With as much time I spend with them, they feel like my kiddos. I just get the pleasure of going home to a quiet house at the end of the day. The little one, 15 months old, Kay, we'll call her loves walks around the neighborhood and being tickled. Her older sister, Rye we'll call her, is 4 years old and 100% girl. She loves, sparkles, cupcakes and everything purple. They keep me busy. I love them. 

On Friday's we always do something fun: bake cookies, make then play with play-dough or use all the blankets in the house to make a fort under the kitchen table. Last week it was making home made instruments.  


Rye with her cereal box guitar. Call her the next T-Swift
On nice days, we like to go outside and play at the park or just play in the driveway. 

Rye letting little Kay drive her beloved Barbie Jeep


This Friday I'll come up with something Thanksgiving themed- maybe a gratitude tree. I'm sure I can go to Pinterest for inspiration. However, this week Rye was sick which means I got to have some time off. Yesterday I cleaned the house and got caught up on laundry. Today, I unexpectedly got the day off again (yay!). To be honest, I don't know what to do with all this time on my hands, I'm not used to it. I actually had time to cook breakfast. Woah. In honor of fall I made one of my favorite, easy (somewhat healthy) snacks/desserts for lunch, well because I can. Dessert for lunch? YOLO (who even says that anymore- yuck). Behold the deliciousness... 


Apples & chocolate
Apples & Chocolate 
it's so simple and delicious i'm embarrassed to share the recipe
1 Fiji apple, sliced (I use an apple slicer)
1/4 C milk chocolate chips (Guittard are my hands-down favorite) 
1 handful of nuts of your choice  

I arranged the apples slices in a wreath form. For melting the chocolate, a double boiler is ideal however, I'm lazy and use the microwave. 11 second intervals with the chips in a glass bowl and stirring every interval.  Drizzle, top and enjoy. 

Guys, really it'a not rocket science. I came up with this years ago and it has been a favorite ever since. Hey, at least I'm eating my fruit. 

That is all for today lovelies, I promise next time it won't be as long. I'm still learning how to manage my crazy, hectic, beautiful life. Do any of you ever feel that way?

Take a break on this Thursday before Thanksgiving and go indulge yourself in some apples & chocolate. 

Hugs & kisses,



No comments:

Post a Comment